Katie Kim, RN describes and discusses hemodynamic monitoring in the critical care unit.
Katie and the panel dive into advanced hemodynamic monitoring and how these monitoring practices help improve outcomes in the critically ill.
Video Overview: Unraveling the Complexities of Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring in the Critical Care Unit
In the ever-evolving field of perfusion and critical care, understanding the nuances of hemodynamic monitoring is paramount. Designed for perfusionists, nurses, anesthesiologists, and other healthcare providers, this video featuring Katie Kim offers a comprehensive guide to advanced hemodynamic monitoring in the critical care unit.
What You Will Learn
The video thoroughly covers the four primary factors affecting hemodynamic conditions:
1. Intravascular Volume: An essential metric that influences hemodynamic stability.
2. Myocardial Contraction: Learn how the heart muscle's contraction impacts hemodynamics.
3. Heart Rate: Uncover how the rate of heartbeats influences cardiac output and other metrics.
4. Vasoactivity: Discover the role of vasoactive substances in the regulation of blood pressure and flow.
Cardiac Output: The Core of Hemodynamics
Katie Kim begins with an insightful explanation of cardiac output, defined as the product of heart rate and stroke volume. She outlines the typical ranges for cardiac output and its significance as a marker for delivering oxygen and nutrients to tissues.
Monitoring Techniques and Tools
Beyond the foundational principles, the video delves into the methods and devices commonly used in advanced hemodynamic monitoring. It encompasses non-invasive techniques as well as more intricate methods like the use of pulmonary artery catheters.
Understanding theory is one thing, but Katie Kim also emphasizes the real-world application of these advanced monitoring techniques. She discusses various case studies and scenarios where hemodynamic monitoring plays a pivotal role in patient care, thereby enhancing the video's practical value.
For Whom Is This Video?
Whether you are a seasoned perfusionist seeking to update your knowledge or a healthcare professional interested in venturing into critical care, this video serves as an indispensable resource. It is particularly beneficial for those who are part of our continuing education program, offering in-depth insights that are both practically applicable and academically rigorous.
Why Watch This Video?
- Expert Guidance: Presented by Katie Kim, a seasoned expert in the field.
- Comprehensive Content: Covers the theory, tools, and practical applications of advanced hemodynamic monitoring.
- Earn CEUs: This video is accredited for continuing education units (CEUs) by the ABCP, making it a valuable resource for professional development.
The "Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring in the Critical Care Unit" video is a treasure trove of expert knowledge and practical tips. It is a part of our extensive video library, the largest knowledge resource for perfusionists worldwide. By watching this video, you are not only broadening your understanding of critical care but also taking a significant step in your professional development.
We invite you to join our community of perfusionists from the USA and Canada in harnessing the power of advanced learning to improve patient outcomes. Sign up today to explore this and many more enlightening topics in the world of perfusion and critical care.