Our program will be simulcast from the MediWeb studio and the DeBakey Heart and Vascular Institute studio.
In the face of the ongoing global pandemic, the medical community is confronted with numerous challenges, ranging from diagnosis to treatment protocols for COVID-19. Among these challenges is the management of severe cases that require specialized care. Our latest webinar, "ECMO Support of a Coronavirus Covid-19 Patient," addresses this critical aspect by providing a detailed overview of how Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) can be effectively utilized to support COVID-19 patients in critical condition.
This video is designed for perfusionists, critical care physicians, anesthetists, and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of COVID-19 patients. It is an educational resource that not only provides theoretical knowledge but also delves into practical aspects, making it a must-watch for medical practitioners aiming to enhance their skill set.
The presentation is led by experts in the field, ensuring that viewers receive accurate and timely information. The program was initiated by Dr. Lumsden from the DeBakey Heart and Vascular Institute, an institution renowned for its contributions to cardiovascular medicine.
Key Topics Covered
1. Introduction to ECMO: A primer on what ECMO is and its relevance in the treatment of critical COVID-19 cases.
2. Mechanical Components: An in-depth look into the mechanics of ECMO machines, including components like pumps, oxygenators, and cannulas.
3. Patient Selection: Guidelines for choosing appropriate candidates for ECMO support.
4. Clinical Protocols: Detailed discussion on the protocols to follow while initiating and maintaining ECMO support.
5. Case Studies: Real-world examples of COVID-19 patients who have benefited from ECMO.
By the end of this webinar, attendees will have a comprehensive understanding of:
- The role of ECMO in managing severe COVID-19 cases.
- The mechanical and clinical aspects of ECMO.
- The criteria for selecting patients for ECMO support.
- The latest guidelines and best practices for ECMO utilization in the context of COVID-19.
Continuing Education Credits
The webinar is approved for continuing education units (CEUs) by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP), making it a valuable addition to any perfusionist's educational journey.
Why Watch This Webinar?
In a world grappling with the complexities of COVID-19, medical practitioners must be equipped with the latest knowledge and skills to save lives. This webinar serves as a crucial educational tool, bridging gaps in understanding and offering lifesaving strategies for the management of critical COVID-19 cases.
This is a perfusion professional service announcement for the knowledge of our perfusion colleagues and the benefit of our patients. This program is eligible for category 3 ABCP credits.