Intensivist, Juan Carlos Zubieta, MD discusses common electrolyte disturbances seen in the critical care unit patient and how to address these for improved patient outcomes.
The field of perfusion is characterized by its intricate relationship with physiology, requiring an in-depth understanding of various biological processes. One of the critical areas that every healthcare professional, including perfusionists, must grasp is the management of electrolyte disturbances. This is why our extensive video library, the largest knowledge resource for perfusionists worldwide, is delighted to present an invaluable webinar titled "Management of Common Electrolyte Disturbances" by Juan Carlos Zubieta.
Electrolyte imbalances are a frequent concern in medical settings, often complicating the clinical picture in acute and chronic illnesses. This webinar aims to provide a comprehensive guide for understanding and managing common electrolyte disturbances, with a particular focus on hyponatremia.
Key Topics Covered
- Concept of Osmolality and Tonicity: Understand the basic physiology behind fluid balance in the body and how it impacts electrolyte concentrations.
- Antidiuretic Hormone (ADH): Dive into the role of ADH in fluid and electrolyte management, including its physiological actions and clinical relevance.
- Hyponatremia: This section is dedicated to one of the most common electrolyte imbalances, covering its causes, symptoms, complications, and treatment strategies.
Who Should Watch?
This webinar is targeted at healthcare professionals, particularly those in perfusion, critical care, and emergency medicine. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or a student, this webinar offers valuable insights and practical knowledge that can be immediately applied in clinical settings.
By the end of this session, attendees will be equipped with:
1. A robust understanding of the physiological mechanisms behind electrolyte balance.
2. Practical guidelines for diagnosing and treating hyponatremia and other common electrolyte disturbances.
3. Enhanced clinical acumen, enabling more effective patient care in scenarios involving electrolyte imbalances.
About the Presenter
Juan Carlos Zubieta, an authority in the field, guides you through the complexities of electrolyte management with precision and clarity. His expertise offers a nuanced understanding of the subject, making this webinar an indispensable resource for all healthcare professionals.
Why This Webinar is Essential for Perfusionists
Electrolyte imbalances can have a profound effect on cardiovascular physiology, directly impacting the work of perfusionists. Mastery of this topic is, therefore, not just recommended but essential for high-quality patient care.
For those seeking to fulfill their Continuing Education Units (CEUs), this webinar is approved by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
In our ongoing mission to provide the most extensive and high-quality educational resources for perfusionists across the USA and Canada, this webinar stands as a cornerstone. It not only enriches your clinical knowledge but also contributes to the overarching goal of elevating the standard of patient care in perfusion medicine.
Join us in this educational journey and empower yourself with the knowledge and skills needed to manage common electrolyte disturbances effectively.
We invite you to watch this webinar and enrich your professional journey in the field of perfusion. Feel free to explore our extensive video library for more invaluable resources. Thank you for choosing us as your trusted source for perfusion education.
Dr. Zubieta discusses how to calculate correction dosing to achieve electrolyte homeostasis and why this is important.
#perfusion #perfusionist #CriticalCare